Frequently Asked Questions
What is Zhu?
Zhu is a lifestyle choice – we develop products to enhance and enable the intersection between your daily routine and your personal fitness, wherever it takes you.
Why Zhu Is Bamboo?
At Zhu, all of our products are made with Bamboo. And while this seems like simply an eco-friendly choice, there are many benefits beyond the obvious we think you should know about.
- Bamboo is naturally soft...softer than the softest cotton. It has a natural sheen like silk or cashmere. It's organic and naturally smooth fiber properties are non-irritating to the skin. A 100% pure bamboo product would be too soft for general use and therefore we blend bamboo with cotton to add structure to garments. These blends are also extremely soft but more substantial in weight, functionality and durability.
- Bamboo is a fabric that has an innate resistance to microbes so it is easily grown organically, and without the use of synthetic chemicals.
- Bamboo absorbs moisture. A cross-section of bamboo fiber reveals various micro-holes, allowing for bamboo cloth fiber. Bamboo fiber is four times more absorbent than cotton allowing bamboo cloth to absorb and evaporate human sweat rapidly.
- Bamboo breathes. Fabric made of bamboo resists clinging during hot weather or exercise.
- Bamboo is anti-bacterial. Bamboo fabric contains a naturally occurring anti-microbial agent, kun, that prevents bacteria from cultivating on it, which means it stays odor free and helps keep you odor free too.
What is a Zhu PockeTowel?
The Zhu PockeTowel™ is the first sustainable, naturally anti-bacterial sports towel developed for function and performance. Made from a blend of pure natural bamboo and cotton, the Zhu PockeTowel™ is specifically designed to hold the personal belongings you carry with you while you workout.
In side-by-side zipper pockets, the iPocket™ holds any cell phone or smart phone, and the other is large enough to safely hold your keys, cash, and ID. The iPocket™ also works great with wireless MP3 players and iPods with adapters and wireless headsets.
Why the Zhu PockeTowel?
Zhu PockeTowel™ is much more than a sports and fitness accessory.
Check it out ...
- Two innovative zippered pockets to secure your valuables
- Ergonomically designed to work with you in any physical activity
- A perfect blend of pure natural bamboo and cotton
- Naturally anti-microbial, hypoallergenic and anti-static
- Odor-resistant, protects against mold and mildew
- Remarkably absorbent, moisture-wicking, fast-drying
- Ultra soft yet extremely durable for everyday use
- Unique knit weave for flexibility, structure and texture
- Natural fiber construction, chemical-free, no dyes and no bleaching
- Bamboo is a renewable, sustainable and biodegradable resource
- Save energy and money too - cold wash, no bleach or softener, low heat dry
It's the Ultimate Sports and Fitness Accessory. Once you have it, you’ll never go back to ordinary again!
Get Zhu ... Purchase yours today!
What fits in Zhu PockeTowel?
Lots of things:
Cell and smart phones or wireless iPods and other MP3 players in the specially designed separate iPocket™. Keys, hand sanitizer, money, credit card, gym pass, sweatbands, small notebook, wallet, lip balm, compact, hair clips, Nike Plus, pedometer, glasses/case, and the list goes on
Is it really Anti-Microbial?
Yes, the Zhu PockeTowel is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial. The natural antibacterial properties of bamboo fabric come from an inherent quality of bamboo commonly called "bamboo kun." Bamboo does not require the use of pesticides due to this natural antifungal antibacterial agent. The same natural substance that protects bamboo growing in the field, functions in the spun bamboo fibers. The other good news is that it is all-natural. This is not a chemical or manufactured resistance, as we believe that those defense and healing qualities should come naturally.
Our bamboo fabric is created from bamboo pulp. The fabric is bleached without the use of chlorine. We don't dye our bamboo fabric, and the fabric is developed without the use of harsh chemicals, using methods that require less water than conventional methods. Bamboo is:
- Naturally soft. Bamboo fabric is softer than the softest cotton, and it has a natural sheen like silk or cashmere
- Non-irritating. Bamboo's organic and naturally smooth fiber properties are non-irritating to the skin, making it ideal for people with skin sensitivities or other allergies.
- Absorbent. A cross-section of bamboo fiber reveals various micro-holes, allowing bamboo cloth to have superior absorption. This allows bamboo cloth to evaporate human sweat rapidly. Bamboo fiber is four times more absorbent than cotton
- Anti-bacterial. Bamboo fabric contains a naturally occurring anti-microbial agent, kun, that prevents bacteria from cultivating on it, which means it helps keep you feeling fresh.
Why blend Bamboo with cotton?
Bamboo is blended with cotton to add structure to garments. These blends are extremely soft yet add weight to the product, as well as, increase durability of our products.
All orders are shipped USPS or UPS, which should arrive within 1-2 weeks. Rush delivery available in the US. Overnight shipping not available at this time.
Used items may not be returned unless there is a defect in the manufacturing. Unused items must be returned within 15 days of receipt for a refund credit. Customers must contact us at CustomerService@getzhu.com with the subject line "RA# Request" to receive a return authorization number (RA#), returns will not be accepted without a RA#. Orders must be shipped postage paid to our warehouse. Refunds will be credited with the same form of payment used to make the purchase. All refunds will be made within 2-4 weeks of receiving the returned item.
Damaged goods or goods mis-shipped in error:
At Zhu Enterprises we are committed to providing quality products to our customers. We perform several quality checks before an item leaves our warehouse. If you have received a damaged or defective item, please contact us at CustomerService@getzhu.com with the subject line "Returns". We will be more than happy to assist you with a replacement, or a credit.
What if I have more questions?
Please use our simple contact form to contact Zhu Fitness. We want to hear from you: praise, comments, suggestions, concerns, criticisms, props, and compliments.